Wednesday 3 October 2012

MedTalk Series: A Quick Update

Hi everyone! Apologies for the lack of posts in the past month. Medical school has basically been preoccupying my life - I think a second year said it best when she said that the amount of information you are presented in medical school is like having a fire hose of water being shot at you face on. Indeed, I've come to realize that my studying habits had to change from undergrad to medical school in order to keep up with the amount of information and knowledge being presented in lectures. You have to keep up with the lectures on a daily basis - no more procrastinating and studying 3 days before an exam and still expect to do well! Nonetheless, medical school hasn't just been all about studying. There's many social events for medical students which is a great way to meet fellow classmates and even network with residents and physicians. What I love most about medical school so far is the clinical skills sessions we have whereby we get to actually practice our interviewing techniques on standardized patients. This is the part of the curriculum whereby I actually feel that I'm a "medical student" and have the opportunity to explore and learn about the humanistic side of medicine. These sessions have also made me realize that my wardrobe is lacking in professional clothing which is the perfect excuse for me to go shopping soon =D

I know the deadline for OMSAS applications was a few days ago and I wish all of the applicants for this year's cycle the best of luck! I'll probably be doing a post on interviewing techniques as interview invites start to go out next year as well as a post on interview outfits so be on the look out for that!

Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...